Friday, April 11, 2008

Take a wild guess!!!



Can you guess what we are 'hosting' this week? I'll give you some hints:

  • the washer is going pretty much non-stop on 'hot'
  • my hubby is home from work
  • he is spending a lot of time in a horizontal position
  • he has taken to laying down quickly on the bathroom floor in the middle of the night
  • both he and our sweet boy seem to be fascinated with the bathroom
  • I have cleaned sanitized the bathrooms about 14 times in the last 24 hours
  • there are clean empty buckets laying about here and there
  • toast and tea are on the 'menu'
  • crystallized ginger and gingerale are also called for
  • there are blankets and quilts scattered here and there
  • the windows are open but it still smells 'funny' in here
  • p.j.'s and robes are the wardrobe of choice
  • not much undisturbed sleep at night
  • lots of snoring and moaning
  • lots of 'Mommy, I'm so sorry - I know you just cleaned up again, but ....'
  • lots of 'Mommy! Mommy! - good news! God is making my fever go away!'

If you guessed a gastrointestinal type flu bug, you win! The big prize will be if Dreamer and I manage to avoid hosting the same bug. We are praying for healing for our guys and protection for ourselves. Never a dull moment, I tell you!





Spring is not the best of seasons.
Cold and flu are two good reasons;
wind and rain and other sorrow,
warm today and cold tomorrow.
~Author Unknown


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so sorry! That sounds so awful! I was hoping these kinds of things were going away with winter. I hope you manage to avoid it, and that the sick ones are better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am sorry to see your family has not been well. My husband had a VERT bad flu with chest infection, my son had the flu, our pastor had the fly and his wife, the fly and chest infection... the list goes on. My son Sean has your poem on his blog.
    http://irishboysean.blogspot.com
    Will you leave him a message? He would love to hear from somebody!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!