Sunday, April 13, 2008

72 hours and counting ....


I was hoping this was a 24 hour bug, or even a 36 hour variety, but no .... 72 hours of gastrointestinal symptoms and still counting. Both guys seem to be feeling a bit better, and have graduated to noodles and broth, but neither is completely well. They have not passed on the bug to sister and I, but we are still not counting out that possibility. I have done so much laundry, used a bunch of borax and detergent, and re-filled my Sanox II bottle 3 times to disinfect the bathrooms and other surfaces. I am thanking the Lord for extra sheets and p.j.'s and for indoor plumbing!

I escaped our germ-infested home for a couple of hours to go over to Mrs. M's and finish up the slipcover for her couch! It looks so nice - not professional, but very presentable - and it suits her home so nicely. What a difference a bit of fabric can make. I left the hemming and Scotch-guarding to her, since I didn't want to leave my sickies too long. I think we are both really pleased with the end results, even though it took longer than we thought to get it finished. It was well worth the time, and has helped us to deepen our friendship, which has been a real blessing to me. I love doing a fun project with a friend! I forgot to grab my camera, but next time I go over, I'll be sure to take a picture so I can show you the 'before' and 'after'.

For now, I am off to do some more washing an run to the grocery for something to tempt our little guy's appetite a bit. It doesn't feel like a Sunday, somehow, but I am thanking the Lord for His goodness just the same.

Blessings to you!

post signature

7 comments:

  1. it sounds rather like a norwalk type virus going through your home. i will continue to pray, and especially that neither you nor your dreamer get this bug. i've had it and i know how nasty it is.

    i'm still praying about your immigration stuff too.

    under His mercy and grace,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy - thanks for praying - I though about Norwalk and wondered , but didn't want to guess. Now that I have looked it up they do have all the symptoms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's so awful! Usually the knowledge that it's only 24 hours helps to get through it, but to have it go on and on.... I hope you stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Heather - I have to stay healthy!!! I'm too busy to get sick, and in all honesty, it would be hard on my liver.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear your family has been sick, Heather! I will pray they feel better soon and you and the others don't catch it!
    (((hugs)))
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear. I hope you feel better soon Heather. I hope everyone else stays healthy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!