Thursday, December 13, 2007

Breathing a sigh of relief!


Today was my second mammogram and screening, and I am delighted to report that I have been given an 'all clear' and we expect a letter to that effect early next week. I am so very relieved. After the spot magnification, the Doctor read the results and further testing was not even necessary!!!! Praise the Lord!


Thank you all for your words of comfort and encouragement! Your prayer support has been such a blessing. We have been trusting the Lord through this time of uncertainty, and knowing that a community of Believers are supporting us in prayer means so much. We had decided that with either outcome we would keep on praising the Lord, but it certainly comes as a relief to know that this isn't something we have to deal with right now.


I am hoping that with such wonderful news, and my fears relieved, I will be resting more comfortably tonight. Now that I am allowed to sleep without my compression stockings, I am physically more comfortable, and with deeper sleep, I hope my legs will be healing up more rapidly! I know it's just been a week, but I wasn't expecting to be in so much pain still. Wishful thinking I guess! All healing takes time!
Now, I can focus on Christmas, and throw my limited energies into making our simple celebration a time of blessing for my family! Thanks be to God!

8 comments:

  1. I have been checking your blog from time to time and share in the joy of your good news today. Praise the Lord for His tender mercies. May you have a blessed Christmas.
    Leeann

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so thrilled to get the good news.

    Interesting how supportive all of your "blogging" friends have been. Know too that we in the Bethel community of friends have been supporting you in prayer, as have mfriends in S C, Italy, South Africa, Columbia, BC, and even Powasson.

    We'll talk soon baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank the Lord! Thank the Lord!
    I am just thrilled with your news, I thought about you so often the last few days ( they sure have seemed like long ones haven't they?)what absolutely wonderful news. I pray you are having restful sleep, and your recovery is quicker now that you have your mind and heart a little less heavy!

    what a blessed Christmas!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praising God with you!! What wonderful news!!

    Lea
    www.theendoftheroad.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what wonderful news! I'm so happy for you -- for the mammogram mostly, but also for the socks too! I'm just rejoicing that God has seen fit to glorify Himself in your being declared "clear"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY YAY and again I say YAY, but mostly I say "thank you LORD"

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really funny, because I can't see to stop smiling - my face is getting sore! I am so blessed and utterly relieved. Thank you all for praising the Lord with me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!