Sunday, December 2, 2007

Plan 'B' and Blessings In Disguise!

Here we go with another medical update - sorry about that, but it's what is going on in my life right now, and it kind of takes priority in my thinking! Go figure! You're welcome to skip this post and wait for a while until our lives settle into and more calm daily routine and I get back to just loving the Lord and trying to bless my family with the gifts and abilities He has given me!

Late Friday afternoon I got a call from the vein clinic - they had an approval for my surgery from our insurance company, and a cancellation! Thank you, Lord!!! I'll take it! When I answered in the 'affirmative!' the girl sounded really surprised! She mentioned that everyone is too busy right now with the holiday's to have surgery - I wasn't the first on on her list to call, and everyone else had flatly refused. Perhaps they were wiser than I, but I am in enough discomfort to just want to get it over and done with!

I'm beginning to feel like an old car that is in need of major service - no simple tune-up and an oil change here - nothing but a complete overhaul will do for this model - I've got warning lights going off all over the place! Maintenance Required! Check Oil! Engine Light! Overheating! New Tires! Valve Job! I haven't abused this vehicle, and yet I'm facing multiple problems. For a 'clean living' woman, I am beginning to feel a bit like King David did in Psalm 73! Yet I can see that I don't need to dispare - and I can say with David " ... it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all Your works."

I am glad to be moving forward and getting one thing checked off the list! This means I have to get organized - FAST!!!!!

I want to have the house decorated inside - one room at least, so that I have pretty Christmas things to lift my spirits during my enforced lolly gagging! I'll need to put a few meals in the freezer and make sure there are enough fresh things for The Dreamer to make simple lunches and start supper. I'm glad we have taken the time to train her in the kitchen - I think she will be delighted to help out while I'm down - I hope so!

I need to make sure we have enough schoolwork ready to keep everyone busy, and some reading and handwork for me. I guess I'll be finishing up my Christmas preparation with some online shopping and hopefully, I'll be able to get some sewing done too! I need to make some calls and rearrange some other appointments that we had scheduled for Wednesday, so I have a few busy days ahead. I am praying for clear thinking and proper prioritizing!

We can see God's hand in the timing of this, since hopefully I will be sufficiently recovered and able to travel to my parents for Christmas - at least that's my prayer! I have heard that after recovery my legs will be more comfortable and with the improved circulation, they will feel less 'heavy' and tired! What a blessing that will be! I don't even care about how ugly my veins look, really, but I can't remember a time when they didn't feel tired and sore.

So, I have so much to be thankful for, don't I? God is good, and in His time He is working out His plan carefully and purposefully. I have veins to think about so my mind isn't absorbed with worry about the upcoming mammogram and possible outcomes - it's a blessing in disguise!

9 comments:

  1. Dear Heather,
    I am so glad that you were able to get an earlier surgery date! I will continue to pray for you as your prepare for it. I wish I lived closer so I could help out, but I can pray and send (((hugs)))! I hope you and your family had a blessed first day of Advent.
    Hugs,
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather,
    That is so wonderful! God is working! We will continue to pray for you. You have a busy couple days here, I also pray you are able to be well prepared as you wish. You sound like you have it well under control, I know that has to be a GREAT feeling.....even though many of us have not met you, we all care very very much and wish we could all be there.
    Blessings~
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am praying for you, and looking forward (dv) to seeing you over christmas =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad God provided a surgery date for you! i hope your preparations go well, and that the recovery will not be very difficult. Psalm 73 is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Heather,
    You are such a blessing! Please know that you are in our prayers! Jer. 29:11

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your kind words! I am just scurrying around trying to get the essentials in order here, but I was so blessed by your comments that I had to say thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best of luck to you on your upcoming surgery!! By the way, I loved the description of the body needing repairs and maintenance just like the car!! It is so true!!!

    Blessings,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad you got your appointment and are getting everything ready. Hope everything goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the music honey.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!