Friday, June 18, 2010

Company Girl Coffee

 Welcome Company Girls!
I hope you have had a good week.

This week has been hard for me.  I've been seeing the glass half empty instead of half full. I've not been in the depths of despair, but I could feel myself going there.  I've spent some extra time in prayer and just called out to God for comfort and  help.

I've been thinking too much about all that I used to be able to do, before liver disease. I really miss having energy to be the kind of wife and Momma that I want to be. I've been focusing on all that I don't get done, and seeing only my failures. I feel like I am always in need of so much help,
when I long to be a help to others. 
It's not a very productive line of thinking!
I'm not quite out of my 'down' yet, but I've been focusing on two words 'Press on' and finding encouragement in the Word.

Philippians 3:12-14 (KJV)

 "Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

 I don't know what I would do if I didn't have an abiding faith in the goodness of God and the truth of His Word.  I love reading the Psalms when I am down, and can relate well to David when he laments 'Why are you downcast oh my soul - put your hope in God'.  I don't know how others deal with the trials of life without faith, but I know my faith is a lifeline. I hope you know the same kind abiding joy in the midst of struggle!

In other news ....

My Mum and Dad are on their way for a visit.  We are really excited to have them come - it's been 4 long and difficult months since we saw them. Mum is still recovering from her hip surgery, so I am hoping that we will have a quiet visit that doesn't overtax her. I need to go and do some preparation - the cookie jar is empty again and there is dog hair on the floor! Imagine that!

Have a great weekend!


post signature

10 comments:

  1. Heather, I pray encouragement over you as you walk through this. May God bless you with a better week, and fill you with His strength and joy. Have a great visit with your family.

    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a lovely, honest post... praying you will be blessed with peace,and the Father's overwhelming love... Blessings on your day~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for stopping by today! I am so sorry to hear of your illness. I will have to go back in your blog and read about it. Sounds like you have a great attitude and yes, just as Paul, you must Press On. The Psalms are so comforting, I stayed in the Psalms for months after my Mom died seeking comfort and it brought such peace to me. Blessings to you as you go forth and hey, do find the time for a bra fitting! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a treat to stop by today. I so enjoy having a look around. Love the quilting, great colors.

    Kate - The Garden Bell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I know and I will continue to pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Heather - I'll be praying for God's comfort for you, as well as for peace in the times you need to "be still", and let others bless you with help.

    Have a wonderful time with your parents, full of talk, laughter and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. May God make Himself known to you in an amazing way this week. I'm so glad for the Psalms. God knew we would have frustrating times, and he left us examples of others pouring their hearts out to Him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you have a wonderful visit with your parents!!! And I hope you will feel better this week and the Lord will keep your heart encouraged. I know I only see part of your life through your blog, but I'm quite sure your children will thank God many many times in the years ahead for blessing them with such a wonderful mother despite the hindrances of illness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heather,
    I am so thankful to hear that your Mum and Dad are coming for a visit! That's wonderful that she is feeling up to traveling.

    You are a blessing to so many Heather. Your quiet spirit and gentle countenance are a witness to your Saviour and Lord. Despite your frustrations with your illness, you exhibit the love of Christ with your laughter, your smile, and your words. Don't ever think that you aren't making an eternal difference in the lives you touch every day.

    Be encouraged today Friend.

    Susan :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!