Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Boy's Dilemma

What do you do when Mama says it is just too muddy to play baseball in the yard?
 Why you find yourself in the middle of a true boy's dilemma - and if you have any imagination, you quickly figure out there is only one way to solve the problem!


Read about baseball, of course!

After all of the years of struggle we have had with reading with our Storyteller, it is pure joy to see him absorbed in reading something his is passionate about.
I'm praising my Heavenly Father for this reminder of His faithfulness today.



I am so thrilled to see my boy reading that I didn't even bawl him out for parking his wet and muddy self on the couch.  You'll notice it is navy blue and very patterned. For those of you with white duck slipcovers on your couches, I applaud your decorating savvy and bravery, and I envy you just a little bit.  I, however am not ready to follow your lead quite yet - I have clay soil and an almost 10 year old boy, and there isn't enough stain remover in the world to entice me to slipcover in white! Yet!


post signature

4 comments:

  1. Stephanie bought a sofa with white slipcovers when she had one baby girl. She was told she could keep it clean by just washing it. Right...

    Her second sofa was brown leather (the same color as the bottom of dirty little feet). :)

    What a great book for boys! I may have written how Christopher read some but not like the rest of the family. Imagine my shock when he picked up and read all of The Count of Monte Cristo' and went on to read other Dumas books when he was in early high school.

    He was doing a lot of fencing at the time and the French books caught his imagination. Amazing...

    Hope you are feeling good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love white too-- but boys will be boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that made me laugh! i do have white covers, but my kids get hosed down before coming in the house. just kidding...sort of :)

    thanks for joining in the fun over at my blog. hope your day is a happy one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First time to your blog...enjoying my visit. I love this post because I am a mother of five boys and four have played baseball. I also loved when they would decide they wanted to read.
    As a homeschool mom it just thrilled me to see them delight in reading,
    Blessings,
    Janette

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!