Monday, November 2, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

It's been a while since I participated in Peggy's 'The Simple Woman's Daybook'!
I thought a brand new month might be a good time to get back into this good habit!
So, here goes!




FOR TODAY Monday, November 2, 2009

Outside my window... Sunshine and heavy frost. Most of the leaves have fallen, and it looks like we've got some raking to do!

I am thinking... that it's fun to get back to daybooking!

I am thankful for... a warm home and my family

I'm praying for ... a dear family who has been through the wringer with H1N1 - the mama is having a hard time to not worry.

From the learning rooms... we have a full school week this week, starting with history with the Historian this morning.

From the kitchen... the cookie jars are almost empty, so I am glad tomorrow is baking day! I think I'll make some pumpkin cookies and we need bread.

I am wearing... my soft flannel p.j.'s

I am creating... more felted wool purses for orders! Another linen pillow from an old linen skirt, and a baby gift with some soft flannel receiving blankets and burp cloths.


I am going... piano and ballet later today! The Storyteller and I will head to the library while Dreamer is dancing, and also to the grocery store for a few items.


I am reading... I finished Grace Livingston Hill's A New Name last night and haven't got anything else on my side table right now.


I am hoping... that the strong Biblical messages we heard preached on Sunday will really penetrate the hearts of those of us who needed to hear them and change our lives. They weren't easy topics, but our hearts where challenged and encouraged. For October, our pastor preached a series of messages on Globalism, Modern Education, The World Economy and Jerusalem. The 'Shaken' series is available for download or just listening HERE.

I am hearing... the grandfather clock inside and a leaf blower outside.

Around the house... you won't be one bit surprised to hear that I have a mountain of ironing to tackle, now will you? My iron is broken ( it's the fourth one I've killed) and that's why it is so out of hand this week! Bathrooms need a quick cleaning and the whole house needs a vacuum.

One of my favorite things... fall is a wonderful time of year, and so far we have been blessed with good health, for which we are very very thankful. One of my favorite things in fall is getting back into our family routine and enjoying our quiet, simple life.


A few plans for the rest of the week: We need to clean up the yard - more leaves have fallen over the weekend! I still have some herbs in the garden that I think will be fine to dry and save. I can't believe we haven't put away the garden hoses yet - that needs to be done too! We have a full school week, and some appointments as well. Wednesday is AWANA and Thursday is co-op. Friday night we are having company for dinner, so we are really looking forward to that.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

We visited a local living history farm on Friday!

Be sure to visit Peggy HERE and read her Daybook! She has provided a Mr. Linky so that you can read over 200 other Daybooks as well!

post signature

7 comments:

  1. You are in a creative frame of mind, this morning. Welcome back.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your daybook! We're a homeschooling family also. You're children are close to the ages of my children.

    Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the name of your blog. Enjoyed your daybook. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to participate in this. It is so fun to read! What a great blog! Meals on wheels is so awesome of you. We do something similar in our church. I should get a goto meal myself. That is such a great idea. I just always make extra of whatever I am making, but your criteria and idea sounds wonderful. Great blog!
    Kasha
    http://grubandstuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather,
    I check in on your blog often. Am a grandmother and great grandmother whose family is not close by. Much time alone. Started reading blogs to keep up with them and that is how I found you. I think from my d. blog...godismydelight. Anyway, just wanted to say I enjoy and admire the manner in which you are raising your sweet family.
    Hattie In Tennessee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your daybook. Welcome back. I hope you continue with us. I enjoy reading all the blogs. It's a counter to all the negative news we hear about our world. To have so many Christian women to read about. I love homemade cookies but very seldom make them since my children are grown. I put on weight just looking at a cookie. I hope to visit with you next week. Doylene

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a wonderful day! Getting back into a family routine, and a quiet simple life sounds so peaceful. I feel refreshed just for visiting you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!