Monday, November 9, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I'm trying to get back into the habit of participating in Peggy's 'The Simple Woman's Daybook', but I almost forgot this morning and it's only the second week!
Be sure to click on the picture to visit Peggy and see the other journal keepers!


FOR TODAY

Monday, November 9, 2009

Outside my window... it's overcast but strangely warm. Is this really November? Three loads of wash are flapping on the line outside.

I am hearing ... my two best students clapping out the syllables of Dreamer's spelling words. Storyteller is counting the claps!

I am thinking... how nice it is to look ahead at a rather quiet week and know that's I'll be able to catch up on some things I've been neglecting ... or at least that's my goal!

I am thankful for... the opportunity to home school our children, to stay home each day and enjoy our quiet simple life!

I am praying for ... a friend who is grieving silently.

I am remembering... the goodness of God and His faithfulness in the midst of the trials we face.

I am wearing... denim skirt, sage green t-shirt and a cream hooded sweater.

I am going... to take Dreamer to piano and ballet later. The Storyteller and I will take back a bunch of books to the library and hopefully run an errand or two before picking up Dreamer and the Historian and heading home. We are back to one vehicle while we wait for parts for the little car, so it's a bit of a juggle.

I am reading... my Christmas idea books - one from Southern Living and another from Gooseberry Patch.

I am hoping... so many things, but most of all, I am hoping to continue to feel as well as I have the last couple of weeks! These short times of wellness are quite a blessing considering that I feel so unwell so much of the time!

On my mind... yesterday's morning message on Leaders and Losers. The Pastor was teaching from the life of Abraham, the friend of God. So much to learn there about obedience and the far reaching consequences of being slow to obey, or choosing to disobey. Abraham heard the audible voice of God, but we have His written word to study and reference, and still we struggle.

From the learning rooms... we are ticking right along with our classwork. Dreamer is still struggling with spelling and Storyteller is finding that reading is still a challenge, but they are both making progress.

Noticing that... more clouds are rolling in! My washing may not dry out there today, but at least we are not expecting rain, and there are no bugs to soil it so I will just leave it alone until it does dry! I knew I was taking a chance this morning, but I was hoping for sunshine to burn through the clouds!

Pondering these words...
from 1 Timothy 2 1I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. 3For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 4Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

From the kitchen... empty cookie jars! That will never do! This week I need to make apple sauce and clean out the freezers - all three!

Around the house... things are still pretty neat and tidy, but the bathrooms need a swish and the floors need some attention, as always when leaves are falling and scurrying into the house every time the door opens!

One of my favorite things... a hot cup of good tea and a fresh cookie warm from the oven shared with a sweet friend.

From my picture journal...

We were all talking about how much we are missing Poppa and Grammy - it seems like it's been sooooo long since we saw them!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Heather,
    I am not sure I have ever commented, but I so enjoy clicking on your blog. Love the Daybook idea. And love that picture of the children with their Grammy!

    Blessings,
    Hattie Down in Tennessee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, maybe I could journal if I had a starter list like that! I don't have much "down time" to even think. But I like that idea and I like your "sentence finishers." Really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Southern Living. I'm too frugal to buy the magazine but my sister gives her old ones. I hope you have a great week. Doylene

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!