Monday, February 27, 2012

Afternoon light




I couldn't resist taking a picture as the sun streamed in our front window late this afternoon. 
This is a miniature rose that I was given for my birthday and popped into a moss basket.

It's been sitting on our kitchen table spreading a little joy each day!


Today I added a big paper rose that I made using pages from an old 
Eclectic Reader that was too damaged to repair.
Dreamer was hyperventilating 'in shock' that I would 'deface' a book this way!
We have such a deep reverence for books around here.
Most especially The Book - world's #1 seller - The Bible. 
I decided not to feel too badly since it was partly moldy, water damaged, falling apart 
and headed for the garbage anyway.

I'm so thankful to know that God uses broken 'throw away' people and carefully
conforms them into the image of His Son.
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12:2 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Heather! I love the big paper rose! I've never seen one before. Would it be too much to ask if you might do a tutorial for making it? Or maybe you know a website that I could get the instructions. Thanks.

    I always enjoy your blog from my home here in TN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hattie - I used this http://www.100layercake.com/blog/2011/07/22/diy-storybook-paper-roses/ tutorial, but I just made everything bigger! I added a lot more petals too since I wanted a fuller 'heirloom' type rose. It took about 20 minutes to make but I burned 3 fingers in the process! I was in a hurry ... forgot my Grandmother's advice about 'much haste makes waste!'. My book was a very old Eclectic Reader and I chose pages without pictures, but tried to include the stains!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Heather, for the website address. Your rose is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both your roses are beautiful!!! I saw those paper flowers on Pinterest -- I'll have to try them sometime. They are so gorgeous. There is no end to creativity, is there?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!