Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Iced In!




We are just getting another layer of thick ice on our already glittering landscape, and I am praying even more that our power lines stay intact.



We have two sick children to keep warm, nourished and entertained.  
Storyteller is thankfully on the mend after spending three days on the couch.  
Fever, chills, sore throat, cough and no appetite, all shared now with sister.
Dreamer is on day two of the illness and has spent much of the afternoon sleeping.



One lovely thing about the ice storm - the Historian got to come home from work and spend the afternoon keeping the children company on day three of the DVD  marathon.
The best part if being seriously sick at our house - unlimited viewing for those who are too unwell to read or play. When they are both down they get to trade off picks.

 I spent the afternoon catching up on mending and doing a little sewing. 
I do love an unexpected day off, though I am always sad when my two best students are sick!

I hope you all are keeping warm and well.  I know this weather system is causing difficulty over much of the country - it's just ice here, though there are many trees loosing branches.

The Historian checked in with Mr. Neighbor, poured salt on his steps walkway, and took him some soup and muffins along with his mail and paper.  He is doing well  despite the storm. 

We have much to be thankful for!


 post signature


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Your first photo looks like a Tiffany lamp, with the icicles hanging down. I hope your family recovers quickly, and good that your husband took Mr. Neighbor his mail, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!