Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Dreamer captures spring

Dreamer took my camera outside today to capture some of the beauty of spring.




We have a nice variety of tulips this year.





These are her favorite.  I prefer the creamy 'Angelique' in the back garden, but these are delightful too!




The daffodils are all but done - just a few of these creamy pink ones making a late appearance.




These sweet mini's are ruffled beauty - and they have a sweet fragrance as well.




I guess the lacy edges just make my heart hum - wish I had more of these!




Do you see this???  These are scattered all over the gardens - thanks to the tree rats gray squirrels!  
I have never planted red tulips - never!  I plant in clusters - these bold blooms are singly here and there everywhere in my shy pastel pink and purple garden! Poor Mr. Neighbor - his daughter worked so hard to make his flowerbed pop with spring color and all his bulbs have disappeared!

Speaking of Mr. Neighbor, he has met the newest member of our family and heartily approves.  He says Bailey is an asset to the neighborhood and a sweet looking dog!  Thankfully she was very well behaved and waited patiently on her leash while we made the introductions!




She really is just a sweet little sun puppy!

I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately.  Remember how I said that just adding one thing to our schedule can make it hard to find balance? Such is life with chronic illness, I suppose. Baseball practices have tilted my world, just as I thought they would!  Our Storyteller is having a great time and learning so much, but I'll be glad when a few of our regular school year activities end and I can step off the tilt-a-whirl and on to solid ground again.  My liver has chosen this time to occupy far to much real estate in my abdomen and so I am quite tired and uncomfortable. Hopefully, this won't last long and I'll be feeling better again soon! I've been encouraged by this verse today, so I thought I'd share it with you for your encouragement as well!

Romans 5:13
Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, 
through the power of the Holy Ghost.






3 comments:

  1. Oh, I understand and can relate. Will keep you in my prayers! My son played soccer when he was early elementary (we started homeschooling 2nd grade) and then fencing in his high school years. Mom did a lot of reading while he was fencing. :)

    I'm doing one load of laundry today and just tidying the rest of the house so I have the energy to hoe the raised bed and get it planted.

    It is actually working out great that hubby didn't get the other bed finished, yet. It divides the work load.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the flower photos Dreamer.

    What fun too.

    Love Ya Lots Dollie Dot !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers are beautiful!!! How funny about the transplanted tulips!!! that is just hilarious!

    Soccer is definately adding to life over here. And, with one car we're finding twice this week that we leave early, drop someone off with a parent and the other parent and child goes the other direction to something else. Makes for a much longer than an hour soccer practice! Oh well. We are trying to put off becoming a two-car family as long as possible.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!