Sunday, April 29, 2012

{grace and peace}


  My mind is whirling as I look over the calendar for the weeks ahead.

 Just the reminders penciled in for tomorrow alone are enough
 to sink me far below the crashing waves of busyness. 
Just one day, but it's filled to the brim with activity.



Some routine, many extras.
I know that when I awaken, in those moments before full awareness,
 before it all comes crashing in,
I must seek Him first.
I must.
The first prayer of my day is thanksgiving.
{always}
Even when pain or nausea assails.
Even when stress pulls and strains.
Even when the night is insufficient to regain my strength.
I will take the time to breath.
{thanksgiving}

Lamentations 3:22-24
It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, 
because his compassions fail not.
 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
 The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.

Remembering the LORD, His unchanging character, His faithfulness, His love for me.
Remembering the hope I have because He is my portion.

Then spilling out come words of joy.
All my blessings line up to be remembered and there are so very many.
  •  the privilege to pray 
  • The Word
  • husband, children, father, mother, sister
  • crazy family love
  •  friends who build into my life so richly
  • forgiveness
  •  grace given and received
  • enough and more
  • living, breathing, moving - even slowly
  • another day
 Before I swing my legs over the side of the bed and greet the day,
 stumbling with sleep filled eyes to make the fresh start before me.



I will reach out for grace and peace.
Inseparable blessings.

{grace and peace}

*repetition is God's volume control*

Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Grace be to you and peace from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,
Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Grace unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

{Romans 1:7; 1 Corinthians 1:3; 2 Corinthians 1:2; Galatians 1:3; Ephesians 1:2;
 Philippians1:2; Colossians1:2; 1 Thessalonians1:1; 2 Thessalonians 1:2}

{grace and peace} 


Matthew 6:33-34
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness;
and all these things shall be added unto you.
Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.


{grace and peace} 
What robs you of your peace most often?
A jam packed schedule, lack of time spent with God, a cluttered home,
 discordant relationships, unmet expectations, discontent,
filling up longings with things that don't satisfy?
Let's seek Him first together.

blessings,



6 comments:

  1. Amen Heather. Amen. Beautifully expressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Susan - I appreciate your sweet encouragement!

      Delete
  2. Hi, Heather!
    I am so glad I read your post first this morning. It's a good start for my day. I, like you, awake with a thankful heart and praise to our Lord for all he has given us.

    Here's the song that comes to mind this morning.....He Keeps Me Singing:

    There's within my heart a melody
    Jesus whispers sweet and low..
    Fear not I am with thee, Peace be still
    In all of life's ebb and flow......

    I hope you sing as you sail thru all your activities today! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hattie - thank you for stopping by and commenting. I love 'He keeps me singing'! Now I'll be singing it all day! We recently found our old hymnbook in the spring cleaning binge and I love to go through it and remember the hymns that blessed my heart so much as a child. My Poppa David used to sing and hum hymns in the garden and as a teen I just loved his deep baritone. Now I realize that he was singing some great theology!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful!

    I know, I keep thinking that I WILL get through May in one piece. I foresee time on the deck just reading come June. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds like a good plan Brenda - perhaps you can pencil some 'practice days' for deck lounging into May's busy schedule so that when June rolls around you'll be in good shape! I don't know why we cram so much into April,May, and June, but it is wearing.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!