Sunday, April 1, 2012

{unless}




It's Palm Sunday on our calendar - the celebration we call Easter is just a week away.
{already}
Where did March go? 


Spring is fully upon us and there is just so much to do!  
Perhaps your thoughts have traveled with mine this week ... 
 
We'll get through Easter and then we can get on with 
yard projects, planting the garden, house projects, play performances, field trips, evaluations, school work, spring recitals, kid's sports, ballet performance,
company coming, and travel plans.
We are steadily, prayerfully filling up our days, penciling it all in.
Good things, all.

This week we have a pause in the everyday schedule.
A purposeful time of reflection.
A time for drinking in Truth like the thirsty ground drinks in spring rains.

{Resurrection Sunday}

The story of the eternal God of all who was wrapped in lowly humanity to be born in a stable 
and die on a cross to pay for the sin of mankind.
The One whose body was laid in a tomb for three actual days.
Cold, lifeless, damp and earthy.
Not the end - just a beginning.
The Saviour who defeated death resolutely.
Rose from that stinking grave.
Triumphant!
Lives today in heaven and is seated on at the right hand of His Father God.

{for me}
 and
{for you} 

This week I simply want to have my eyes wide open and my heart prepared.
I want to really see and hear.

I don't want our resurrection celebration
to rush by in a busy blur.



We've taken this week off from homeschool because I need it.
I don't have time to take a break really.
In some ways I feel so behind.
With schoolwork, with the house, with life ...

I need this because I am tired.
I need to be refreshed.
I need to rest, read, pray.
 I need a week without 5th grade mathematics.
But I know myself too well.
I have an endless to-do list.
I WILL fill this week with cleaning, shopping, decorating, gardening, 
sewing, baking and planning.

I WILL close my eyes in exhaustion each night only to 
wrestle with the long list of things left undone in my sleep.


{unless}

In the midst of cleaning our home, I cleanse my heart.
 Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities. Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence; 
and take not thy holy spirit from me.
Psalm 51:9-11 

{unless} 

In the midst of preparing menus and baking treats, 
I feast on the Living Word.
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, 
but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God
Matthew 4:4

{unless}

In the midst of preparing a room for dear guests, I prepare my heart.
Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, 
and bring forth fruit with patience. 
Luke 8:11,15 

{unless}

 In the midst of tucking in new plants and pinching off the spent blooms,
 I renew my mind with right thinking.
  That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; and that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
Ephesians 4:22-24 

{unless} 

In the midst of tears flowing freely 
as I stand to sing with the congregation,
I worship freely, 
eyes wide in wonder ... a humble heart prepared.
  
Will you take some time with me this week to really get ready for Easter?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!