Friday, December 23, 2011

The season of JOY!


If I had another whole uninterrupted week, I don't think I'd really be 'ready for Christmas' 
- and frankly I'm tired of being asked.  I've hardly been out of the house for over a week because of our sick Dreamer, but everywhere I've ventured, I've been met with the same question.
Why do we put so much pressure on ourselves and each other? 
I propose we start a new line of questioning polite conversation for Christmastide 
- something along the lines of,
"What is bringing you JOY this Christmas?"



You see, I'd have a long list for you there!

Joy - filling our home with the sounds of Christmas time hymns and carols
Joy -  the truth - Emmanuel - God with US! With US!
Joy - children chatting about our trip to Poppa and Grammy's house
Joy - long days of sewing and baking resulting in sweet little surprises for others
Joy - dropping off packages to dear ones and receiving warm smiles in return
Joy - the Word read and absorbed into the quiet fabric of our lives

 “And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. 
And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, 
and the glory of the Lord shone round about them:
and they were sore afraid. 
And the angel said unto them,
Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. 
For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.”
Luke 2:8-11 KJV 

 

I am praying this will be a season of joy for you 
- a season of blessing!
I know there are heartaches and pressures, sorrows that seem magnified by the gaiety around us.
Even in the most difficult and strenuous times, for those who truly know Jesus Christ,
the child of promise, born to a virgin in Bethlehem so long ago,  
there can be abiding JOY!

 Merry Christmas friends!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas Heather!!! i hope you have a special weekend. And I know the joy of the Lord will fill your hearts no matter what.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!