Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Welcome Company Girls!

Welcome! Will you join me for a cup of tea this morning? If you are popping over from Home Sanctuary today I'd like to give you a special welcome! I'll keep this short simply because Rachel has given you a lot of reading already with Fatigue Fighter
When I wrote out my thoughts on coping with fatigue for Rachel, I prayed that they would somehow be a blessing to some other Mom battling exhaustion. Perhaps it's you! 
I'm honored that she would use my ramblings for our Company Girls Small Thing today.  
My quiet little blog doesn't see much traffic, but Rachel is an encouragement to so many of us.
Thank you Rachel for letting God use you to be a blessing to us!

I love being a Company Girl - don't you? Checking our daily Small Thing and setting that one simple task as a goal to reach for during the day is fun and sometimes challenging. It's good to be s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d a little, isn't it?  Knowing that there are others with the same desire to make our homes a place of sanctuary and blessing for our families, and that we can work together in small steps to make that happen is such a positive motivation for me! We're in this thing together!

Please don't think that because I have my coping strategies settled that I always turn to them when I need to - I needed today's Small Thing perhaps as much as anyone!  Today I am planning to be a blessing to a friend who is sorrowing - I am hoping to bring a little beauty into her day and give her a chance to smile.  Because that's part of my plan for later, I know I have to be organized with the rest of my day and schedule a nap for this afternoon. 
That means planning and starting a simple dinner now and helping the children with their 
school work first thing so that I can do less demanding things as the day progresses. 
So, I'd better get to it!

Thank you for dropping by! Visit any time you'd like! 
I always enjoy getting to know our Company Girls!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your fatigue-fighting strategies with us through Rachel Anne's Company Girls. In just the first read I can see how I gave improve my own day by picking up on a few of your tips. I'll be going back over them again for sure because of the wealth of wisdom in them.

    Have a great day and I'll be praying that God renews your strength daily.

    Cassandra / A Renaissance Woman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, thank you so much for sharing on Home Sanctuary today. You are always inspiring me to evaluate what is important and consider what I should spend my energy on, rather than just being busy busy. I know I'm not alone in dealing with "normal" fatigue (if there is such a thing) but your experience with a chronic illness and your coping strategies are really important to take note of....I appreciate the time you took to put your thoughts together to share with us. It has been a huge blessing today. Love having you for a Company Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, I so appreciated your Fatigue Fighters today. Like you, I deal with flat on my back, "Help!! I've fallen and can't get up!" fatigue. It helped to be reminded that when I am feeling that way God is still busy building me up, or using my illness to build someone else. My vessel might be broken but my Spirit is perfectly healthy and shining through!! Coming along side each other to hold each other up is a good thing. Thanks for sharing and being a Company Girl! God Bless you today, Ev

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!