Wednesday, November 30, 2011

2011 Giving Thanks Challenge - Final



I absolutely loved being a part of the 2011 Giving Thanks Challenge!
That doesn't mean I was any good at keeping up with my intention of posting a weekly synopsis, but I did add a few thanksgivings to my side bar each day and they really added up!
Best of all, I know it made a difference in my thought life
when I was tempted to worry, grumble or complain

Believe me when I say I was tempted in all of those areas,
but intentionally keeping an attitude of thankfulness really helped.

Here's the end of my list of thanks giving!

25. A fabulous Field Trip day!
26. Warm sunshine seeping into my bones
27. Unexpected ice cream - yummy!
28. Sister helping brother learn a really hard memory verse.
29. Rain and falling leaves.
30. Cozy sweaters, hot tea and my Soother Sac.
31. Friends who help in time of need.
32. Rosy cheeks from playing outside.
33. Soft tissues for a runny nose.
34. Mops, brooms, buckets and the other tools my trade.
35. Math break-through - yeah Storyteller!
36. My laundry helpers.
37. Pumpkin bread.
38. Sparkling clean windows 4 down, 27 to go.
39. Preparing our hearts for worship.
40. A Sunday afternoon nap.
41. A brisk walk with my son - 2 miles!
42. Warm breezes in November - so unexpected!
43. Praying for others who are hurting.
44. Being trusted by our new neighbors.
45. Crunch, munch, snap - fresh veggies being eaten by hungry children.
46. Caramel apple dip - yum!
47. Bach played in time - a metronome is a good investment after all
48. Family who are flexible.
49. Sewing for a friend - so fun!
50. Unexpected blessings.
51. God's timely provision - enough to share
52. New friends
53. Cranberry sauce.
54. Lumpy gravy - which I don't eat and can't make very well, but is good for a few laughs!
55. The excitement of our Storyteller in his first parade
56. Leftovers made into a steaming hot savory pot pie
57. A fun family day on the cheap - just looking at antiques
58. Seeing the heart of our Pastor during worship
59. Repentance
60. Routines
So much to be thankful for! 

I cannot believe that we are in the last hours of November 2011! 
Our sweet Dreamer said she is just getting used to writing 2011 and soon she'll be writing 2012 - it's a bit mind boggling to me that even a 14 year old is comprehending the ever more rapid passage of time.
I know I didn't have that kind of insight at her age.
For me, it is such great incentive to use the days we have, as fleeting as they seem to be, wisely.
Wasting time in ingratitude, which for me translates in worry, envy and complaining
just isn't what I want to be about! I don't have time for that!
This month long challenge has been a discipline in thankfulness that
I really hope will last throughout the coming year!

Thank you Leah from South Breeze Farm for hosting 
- you've been a blessing to many!



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!