This year I am joining Leah from South Breeze Farm and her friends in her beautiful 2011 Giving Thanks Challenge. Here's what Leah writes on her blog about the Challenge:
"In honor of the month of November, which boasts a most wonderful holiday, I'd like to encourage all of you to join me for the 5th Annual Giving Thanks Challenge! All you have to do is post one thing you're thankful for each day somewhere on your blog. It doesn't even have to be an actual thought-out post. Just start making a list on your sidebar if you want - somewhere you can see it every day to encourage an attitude of thankfulness."I truly believe that a heart of thanksgiving is the best cure for many of the things we struggle with daily. We recently celebrated our 39th Thanksgiving meal as a married couple - having been married on Canadian Thanksgiving set a tone of thankfulness for our marriage that has continued for twenty years! Still, it is easy to get bogged down in daily circumstances and forget the joy that a heart of thankfulness brings. I am hoping that my daily listing of thanksgiving this month with Leah and the others who join in will help keep my heart in focus!
Please watch my sidebar under Leah's beautiful 2011 Giving Thanks Challenge Button for my list of thanksgiving - once a week I will post a brief wrap up and let you know how this intentional choice for thankfulness is blessing my heart!
I'm focusing on these 5 verses from the Psalms this week:
- Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms. Psalm 95:2
- Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.Psalm 100:4
- And let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and declare his works with rejoicing. Psalm 107:44
- I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the LORD. Psalm 116:17
- Sing unto the LORD with thanksgiving; sing praise upon the harp unto our God: Psalm 147:7