Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Giving Thanks - 2011 Challenge



This year I am joining Leah from South Breeze Farm and her friends in her beautiful 2011 Giving Thanks Challenge. Here's what Leah writes on her blog about the Challenge:
 "In honor of the month of November, which boasts a most wonderful holiday, I'd like to encourage all of you to join me for the 5th Annual Giving Thanks Challenge! All you have to do is post one thing you're thankful for each day somewhere on your blog. It doesn't even have to be an actual thought-out post. Just start making a list on your sidebar if you want - somewhere you can see it every day to encourage an attitude of thankfulness."
I truly believe that a heart of thanksgiving is the best cure for many of the things we struggle with daily. We recently celebrated our 39th Thanksgiving meal as a married couple - having been married on Canadian Thanksgiving set a tone of thankfulness for our marriage that has continued for twenty years! Still, it is easy to get bogged down in daily circumstances and forget the joy that a heart of thankfulness brings. I am hoping that my daily listing of thanksgiving this month with Leah and the others who join in will help keep my heart in focus!

Please watch my sidebar under Leah's beautiful 2011 Giving Thanks Challenge Button for my list of thanksgiving - once a week I will post a brief wrap up and let you know how this intentional choice for thankfulness is blessing my heart! 

I'm focusing on these 5 verses from the Psalms this week:
  1. Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms. Psalm 95:2
  2. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.Psalm 100:4 
  3. And let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and declare his works with rejoicing. Psalm 107:44
  4. I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the LORD. Psalm 116:17
  5. Sing unto the LORD with thanksgiving; sing praise upon the harp unto our God: Psalm 147:7

Blessings,


post signature

16 comments:

  1. Hi! I hopped on over from Leah's blog. This is the first year I've joined in on her Thanksgiving challenge. It should be fun. We are a homeschool family also - have been doing this for 15 years and I would do it all over again in a heart beat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh - another great blog I'm visiting for the first time today. This challenge is good for me in more ways than one, including making new and likeminded friends!

    Glad you're along for the challenge, Heather. Praying you'll see God's many blessings with new eyes this month.

    Hugs,

    - Leah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, I enjoyed this post very much! I am looking forward to visiting you again. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post and also great verses to go along with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, Heather, and wonderful thankful scriptures. I am looking forward to sharing and getting to know some wonderful women this month
    Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How awesome, Heather, that you began your marriage on a day of thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful post! I'm wondering how you managed 39 Thanksgivings in 20 years. ☺ Did both sides of the family make you eat double Thanksgiving dinners? I've known families like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Vee - I should have explained that! We always have so much to be thankful for so wherever the Lord has led us we have enjoyed both Canadian and American Thanksgiving. We keep it really simple often inviting just a few guest to share with us, but yes, it does mean I cook 2 big 'turkey with all of the trimmings' dinners every fall!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Heather,

    I am coming over from Leah's challenge too. I look forward to reading your blog.

    I have homeschooled my kids for 17 years now...

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pleasing to hear of your gratitude for all the wonderful things in your life. It is so fun to meet new folks and share.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great verses to start off my day- thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is nice to be reminded of how we are called to give Thanks not only during November but every day. Thank you for the verses.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Found your blog through the Giving Thanks Challenge 2011...

    so glad I did. Blessings to you as you build your list of all the things you're thankful for!
    Nice to meet you, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - you're off to a rip-roaring start! Good for you! I had to laugh at number 8. Hee Hee!

    - Leah

    ReplyDelete
  15. Leah - yes, well. Um. *red face* Our sweet boy/man would not be happy to know I shared THAT particular praise, but you know what it's like when your child is suffering! Any kind of 'break through' is a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's an excellent way to spend November. :)

    Heather, I've awarded your blog the Liebster Award - http://busylilhomemaker.com/a-lil-love-for-blogs-and-liebster-award-surprise/

    Have a blessed day!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!