Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Blessings



How Deep The Father's Love For Us

Stuart Townend

How deep the Father's love for us
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the Chosen One
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the man upon a cross
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice
Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom

 The children (especially Storyteller)  have been singing this song off and on all week as we've tried to focus on the resurrection of Jesus Christ in our family devotions.  It's been a hard week - I've been quite sick with a deep chest cold and quite miserable, so keeping our hearts tuned in to the spiritual magnitude of Easter has been a challenge.  It's been a blessing to my heart to hear them go to the computer and sing along with a You-Tube video they found - together just worshiping simply, sweetly.
I wanted to take a picture of them - sister sitting and brother with his hand on her shoulder, but I was so touched that I couldn't move!

Dad and Mum were to come down and share Easter with us, but when I got so sick, our plans needed to be adjusted.  We are really missing them, but hopefully I am on the mend and we can enjoy their company next weekend instead.  They got to spend the weekend with my sister and her family, so thankfully they were not alone for Easter. 

I made it to church this morning! I didn't feel great, but I knew I would be blessed, so I made the effort to get ready and go with the family.  Hopefully, I kept my germs to myself!  I couldn't get our dinner in the oven before we left and have any energy for worship, so we enjoyed a late afternoon Easter dinner - just the four of us.  

One of the things that I love about attending a church where the Word of God is preached each week is that I learn something that blesses my heart, convicts me of my sin, or spurs me on when I'm tempted to quit.  

This morning the Pastor reminded us that 'God raised Him from the dead' is the most often repeated phrase in the New Testament.  It took me back to my NT teacher at Kawartha Lakes Bible College so many years ago.  He said that we would understand why God used repetition so often to make His point when we ourselves were parents - and it's so true!  How many times a day do I say something to one of the children and it goes completely ignored - until I repeat it, usually more loudly, sometimes two or three times! I'm beginning to really understand how repetition is truly God's volume control! 
Listen up! He's saying.

'God raised Him from the dead' 

Like our children, who need to listen to my voice the heed my instruction, I need to tune my ears to the voice of God and hear this truth - but more than that, I need to not only believe it and be amazed by it, but live so others know I believe it each day!
I serve a Risen Saviour - do you know Him? 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!