Saturday, September 5, 2009

My 'almost fall' digs!


When I was running out the door this morning to grab some groceries for the weekend, I noticed that it wasn't only the air that had changed ... some of the leaves on our trees had also made the transformation into fall!

I'm not quite ready to haul the bins of fall decorations out of the attic yet, but I have packed up my summer shells and I am ready to do a good cleaning before fall takes it's rightful place in our home.

In the meantime, I am enjoying the slightly bare 'edited' look - it's kind of like a little breath before we really plunge in to all of the business of the school season!

I decided to send Dreamer outside with the camera to capture the brave ash tree - scrambling to be the first bright foliage in our yard for 2009! I thought she did such a fine job - I decided it was time for a new header!

So thank you, sweet girl for taking such pretty pictures - and for my visitors, I hope you enjoy a wee change of 'scenery' as we move quietly into fall!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. What beautiful pictures. I cannot wait for fall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gal! Love your new fall look, and you pics!! I'm ready to say bye bye to summer but it's slow going here! I just make it fall in my home anyway!! And it is fun pulling it all out and finding new places for stuff!!

    Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend!! We are!
    HUGS,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new header! Yes, it's starting to feel fallish here too. I'm not ready to bring out the fall decorations just yet. I don't do spring cleaning I do fall cleaning so I'd like to get started with that first.

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look of the blog!

    I got out most of my fall stuff last week, after seeing what Kelly did on her blog. :)

    I only put out a few accessories these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your kind words this past week.

    The fall leaves are so pretty. I'm anxious for the weather to go down about 10 degrees, but i suppose it will happen before we know it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!