Thursday, October 7, 2010

A season of less



At first I didn't recognize this for what it is, but after prayer and seeking, I have come to the conclusion that I am deep into a season of less. I am not talking about 'doing more with less' but rather I am learning just to cope with less.  Less energy.  Less time.  Less creativity. Less patience. I guess it is all just part of the rhythm of  life with chronic illness and growing children.  While we have knocked some activities from the schedule, we are still a busy homeschooling family.  That's a God given priority for our family, and because of the energy it takes each day, I have less to give to other areas - including my blog.  It's hard to think of helpful things to say or projects to show when by end of day I am just ready for sleep.  I rarely wake up rested even after 10-12 hours of complete oblivion, so just starting each new day is a challenge.  By the grace of God, we are all learning to see the little things as simple joys. This is not a season without joy - far from it!  Often the little joys we find are just not the type for sharing.

For now I think my blog is just on hold.  It takes time.  It takes energy.  It takes creativity.  I have none to spare  right now.  When I do, I'll be back, but I am finished with feeling badly for not blogging, so I thought I'd best offer an explanation to my dear faithful readers. 
Now I can just quietly enjoy this season of less.

Thank you.
 

post signature

12 comments:

  1. I will keep you on Google Reader for when you return. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take all the time you need Heather! I will look forward to seeing you back when you feel the Lord leads. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will miss you...but before you take your break...I have a gift for you at my blog.

    Blessings, Kim<><

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, Bless you for putting your priorities right where they need to be. Your blog will remain on my Favorites List for when you come back.
    Best wishes to you and your sweet family,
    Hattie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful Blog! In your time of less, feel free to just pop in once in awhile and post as God leads you. Blogging can be done with less in mind.

    Blessings,
    Amy @ Missional Mama

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm feeling like that also. I have cut back on computer time and focusing more on my family. Doylene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you; a break can be refreshing.

    http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found you blog this evening and it is beautiful.

    I understand how you feel.

    Doing what is best for ourselves and our families is always first.

    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every time I visit your blog a feeling of calmness and serenity overcomes me.

    Thank you for your good work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed your "comment" at Amys Humble Musings and had to click over.
    Precious blog...it's a blessing.
    Your love for our Lord, Jesus Christ is evident and inspiring!
    Blessings, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I understand and am in a similar place. I have things I want to share and to record, but have to accept the place where I am.
    Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wonder if you'll ever know how much your kind and loving encouragement has touched my heart! I am grateful for understanding friends and the joy of just going at my own pace! Thank you all so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!