Thursday, April 19, 2007

Settling Dust


It's hard to believe we are at the point where paint colors have to be chosen, but we are! The dust is beginning to settle and the drywall is beginning to look smooth - sort of! There is a lot of sanding to be done (and a lot more dust!), but the end is in sight - if you have a lot of faith! We have chosen neutral shades of tan and warm brown for the flooring and wall tile, appropriately named 'macadamia' and 'milk chocolate', and we will have 36" panelling which I have chosen a creamy white for, but now the wall color must be decided upon.



I have been staring at these shades for almost a week, but am no closer to a decision! Oh, to have the boldness to throw caution to the wind and just pick a color! It took 10 minutes to pick the tile, which is a permanent feature, but the paint, which is really quite easily changed, is another matter. Funny how that is ...

Our bedroom walls are a dark olive and the fabric behind the color wheel is our duvet cover. Decisions, decisions ....

5 comments:

  1. The paint swatches that you have fanned out across the fabric are pretty! I would have a hard time deciding too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you are having a hard time choosing, Heather! They are all so pretty!! I really like the medium shades...is there a good match to the roses in your fabric? Good luck!
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  3. I COMPLETELY understand about choosing paint colors!!! I am dreadfully horrible about it. But the last time we chose paint for a guest bedroom, I picked one that I was "pretty sure" about. The WONDERFULLY helpful lady at Lowe's asked "How sure are you of this shade?" I answered "Pretty sure" and she said "Unless you are positive, go one shade lighter than the one you are 'pretty sure' of." She was RIGHT!!! I chose the shade that was a tad bit lighter and it's PERFECT!!! So I will be remembering that advice for a while!!

    I can't wait to see your finished project!!!

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy, happy, happy...

    'Victoria' magazine is to be re-launched. Isn't that marvelous??? :-)

    I got the news from others, and have made an entry.

    Mari-Nanci

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just calling by to say I said a prayer for you and yours and hope all is well. God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!