Monday, August 28, 2006

Scrapbooking Mini-Retreat

I have been away from my computer for a few days preparing for, and now recovering from, a Scrapbooking Mini-Retreat at our home!
I have a small group of ladies who are friends from a Home School Co-op that we have been involved with since moving to the Midwest. The Lord lead me to try to do something pleasant for these busy moms because they are all facing different difficult challenges right now. I once attended a Blessed Memories retreat and I wanted to, in a small way recapture the feeling of enjoyment I had there! We have an inlaw suite with a small kitchen that is used for guests and Poppa and Grammy when they visit from Canada, so we cleared it out as best we could, set up tables and made a day of it! It was a lot of work, but really quite fun. I made 'challenge sheets' for the ladies so that they would try new things in their books, and provided small prizes for them. They accomplished a lot and a few of the ladies were quite competitive! We were a bit crowded, but converstion was easy that way! Some of the pages they made were just lovely - and with added Scripture verses and meaningful journalling, they will be a lasting reminder of God's faithfulness.
I was honored to have some moms who I'd never met in person before come a long way to join our little group. It was a very busy day for me with preparing and serving simple meals, but I was pleased to accomplish 10 finished pages for my scrapbook, so I was content!

Yesterday I slept. All day! Knowing my physical limitation is a blessing, as my dear Historian knew I would have no energy for church and meal preparation. He took over everything and did a very fine job! Our Storyteller stayed with me to bring me comfort - however his fierce hugs and cuddles were a bit too loving! I am still achy and tired today, but since the ladies enjoyed the day and a break from the cares of home, and got something accomplished, it was well worth any little discomfort I feel!

They shall abundantly utter the memory of Thy great goodness, and shall sing of Thy righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!