Monday, November 4, 2013

You know it's time ...

 No doubt about it - it's time to get back to my blog! The blog {that I never intended to abandon so abruptly} has been on the back burner while I figured out this liver cleanse thing. One thing (baseball) lead to another (summer time) which lead to another (homeschool) and got wrapped up in the crazy wonderful mess of  just living simply ... so, my blog and I took a very long break from one another! 


Setting up for the Storyteller's 13 birthday ... baseball theme, of course!

Do you want to know how I know it's time to get back at the keyboard and give you a few tiny glimpses into our simple home at very irregular intervals sharing totally random things about life in our wee corner of the world? Well, it was prayer, Scripture, my Mum, my Dad, three sweet friends and one total stranger. Yes siree - I'd say that I'm pretty slow and sometimes it takes a really BIG push to move me forward!



I've started to actually write down some new recipes I've been  playing with and I've been remembering to take pictures too! I'll get back to sharing some recipes. Soon.

We started studying the spiritual gifts at our church this month - starting with one of those Spiritual Gift inventories. I've done them before, but it's been a while. I've discovered that I've changed a lot in some areas and I haven't changed in others.  God has worked in my heart and life in areas that I didn't really see very well, but I'm learning! I want to share some of that here with you. Soon.

 I still get the most hits on this quiet little blog on a simple little post I scribbled out years and years ago about my Anxiety Relief  and it often leads to amazing e-mails with questions that both bless and challenge me. I need to add more to my blog on that topic. Because you know - I've had a lot to be anxious about, but I've also seen God remove my fears with the TRUTH of His Word over and over and over again and I want to share that here.


Um. I'm 42 pounds lighter then when I last wrote. Yes, that's pretty big! I'm still doing that liver cleanse thing - the one that was supposed to last for 8 weeks that I started in April? That's the one! There's a story there too.


Dreamer turned 16 on October 1st!



Storyteller  aka: My Good Knight


We now have TWO teenagers. One is driving age {but not driving yet} One is driving us crazy! Ha! Not really. Well, maybe a little bit. I am constantly calling out to God for wisdom and strength and patience. Every day. Sometimes every hour. I am so thankful for my husband who pulls me back from the edge and for children who love me and forgive me. Our Storyteller is 6' at 13 and in now playing basketball. He is hungry all the time. All. The. Time.







My sweet Historian and I quietly celebrated 22 years of marriage in October.  We've been on more 'dates' in the past month then we've been on in 5 years I think. All because it's a l.o.n.g. drive to church! I'm not sure they count though, because I've almost fallen asleep on both our dates. Thankfully my Historian is still patient and understanding and he LOVES me. He really does. Even when all I want is hot tea and a warm bed.



 I've been doing a bit of sewing lately. Quite a bit actually. These are some costumes I've recently made. The man in the middle attends the same church we do and is a huge fan of the Renaissance Festival. He wanted a unique costume to attend the festival in and I think he's pretty happy with what we came up with. Dreamer and Storyteller wanted costumes for the Trunk or Treat that was held as an outreach for the first time at our church. Our van was fun to decorate as the 'Ye Olde Amoure' - putting on the full armor of God. Dreamer dreamed it up and did most of the work.  We had so much fun - over 750 kids came through last night. We are praying that many of them will come back and get involved in AWANA and Youth ministry.

So there you have it. I'll be back soon with more and if you have any really pressing questions that you just can't wait to have answered add them in the comments and I'll answer. Soon. It is, after all, basketball season!



 In the meantime I'll leave you with a sweet treat to enjoy! Our Dreamer is moving forward with her music and learning amazing things.  She is so dedicated and committed to practice and learning.  She's preparing for several competitions and auditions right now so our home is filled with beautiful music and not-so-beautiful piano finger exercises which I would gladly do without, but she has deemed absolutely necessary. As I type, I'm enjoying listening to her sight read Canon in D. How blessed am I?  Very, very blessed indeed!






8 comments:

  1. YAY!!!! What a treat to find a blog post from you! So good to see updated pictures of the kids and you, and hear a few things that you all have been up to!! I'm hoping that the liver cleanse has been really beneficial and that is why you are still on it?! Looking forward to more posts from you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather - and you're right! Besides loosing some weight I've also seen improvements in my energy levels and in my bloodwork! I'm so excited!

      Delete
  2. This is the first time I have been to your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Ashley! I'm glad you visited!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather....42 lbs?? WOW!! You look wonderful! What a fun life you have and such a beautiful family :).

    ~Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Julia! I'm amazed too - though I still have a long way to go! It's only by the grace of God and the strength He gives that I've been able to stick with this for soooooooooo long! LOL!

      Delete
  5. I've missed your posts and was thrilled when I clicked over and you had two new posts! Keep them coming, and congratulations on the loss of 42 pounds! That's wonderful. I'm slowly coming off of prednisone and have begun losing the 20 pounds I gained in one year on the drug. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!