Friday, February 22, 2013

Hurdles

Cookies for my Valentine


I've really been missing blogging lately.
 It is usually such a great outlet for me, and a super record of our family life, fun projects, yummy recipes and important faith lessons learned. I love sharing my heart on my blog and hopefully some of what I share is a blessing to my readers. 
I've had so many encouraging comments and sweet responses to my writing, and I've missed those lately too. 

I wrote just 27 brief posts during 2012 and I've had a number of friends ask me why. 


Lemon Bread form Taste of Home

I often give the 'usual' reasons - I'm too busy living life to sit down and record it on my blog! Health issues continue and homeschooling seems more demanding than ever in many respects. The kids are busy, which means sometimes I feel like we're out of the house more than I'd like to be. We're getting more involved with our church now that we are members and that takes time and energy. 
It's just a season - I'll get back to it when things slow down a bit. 
I've just lost my interest for blogging for right now. 
I don't feel like I have anything worthwhile to say. 
I take terrible pictures.


PJ's stenciled for Storyteller using Silhouette Cameo



All true.

 All valid.


Just NOT the complete picture.

Mini Daffodils from last spring

 The whole truth is that I've been hiding. Trying to jump over this huge hurdle of hurt feelings that just keeps popping up at unexpected times. 

Because the situation is loosely connected to my blog, I've withdrawn from something I enjoyed to prevent opening myself up to more hurtful words.

It certainly hasn't been the whole focus of my year by any means, but it's taken up way too much of my thoughts and totally zapped my energy at different times since it all began.

I've had times of such great thanksgiving, such precious learning times, and so many fun family memories have been tucked away in my heart of hearts this year.

And yet - such a small thing - has led to consequences I would have never dreamed possible.

n.e.v.e.r.

Dreamer's Sunset over Lake Nippissing
 This situation has dropped me to my knees, chased me into the Word
 and sent me on a journey of seeking wisdom to deal with the hurt.
In a Christ-like manner.
  I haven't always succeeded. 

 I don't see a positive conclusion in the near future.

And yet ...

 My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
~Psalm 73:26

Just this week in my Good Morning Girls Bible Study in Luke we are in chapter 6 where my heart was touched again by Truth. 

Luke 6:36-38
But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
  
On Tuesday, Courtney wrote a post on Learning to Love Your Haters and I realized how small my situation is by comparison.  

So I'm going to keep on praying, seeking wisdom and letting the Word of God speak the truth to me.  I'm going to keep on listening to my husbands encouragement and following the advice of our Pastor. I'm going to carry on.

http://netdna.webdesignerdepot.com/uploads/ampersand//georgia.jpg
  I'm going to blog when I feel lead to blog without second guessing every word I write and deleting every post that might open me up to more hurtful words. 
 Maybe I'll need to develop some thicker skin.

I certainly need to slow down my chocolate consumption every time 
another barb is shot my way!


 My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
~Psalm 73:26

See you all again soon my friends! 
Thank you all for hanging in with me and encouraging my heart with your thoughtful words!
May the Lord help you today deal with whatever the hurdle of your heart may be. 

with love,
  









2 comments:

  1. Nice to see a post from you! I am sorry this happened to you. I don't share my blog with many people I know in "real" life for just this reason.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a blog for the reason you just gave. I know how sensitive I can be and I know how bad comments would hurt me. As much as I would love to start one, this is the reason that stops me every time I think about it.
    I am so sorry this happened to you as well.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!