Thursday, March 24, 2011

I wish I was handy ...

... with my toes!  Then I would write a nice long post about God's faithfulness during this journey of pain, and the learning and leaning that is going on in our home as we try to adapt to this latest health difficulty.  I would thank you all for your prayer and kind thoughts, and let you know that I don't have any answers yet.  That's my fault since I wasn't able to get in to see the doctor because of a scheduling change. I have not made an effort to re-schedule since I have an upcoming appointment anyway.  Most days my hands are working pretty well and the swelling is down, but then for no apparent reason the swelling and pain return. I'm learning that I have some limits and kneading bread is beyond my limit right now.  I sure am loving my instant yeast recipes these days. I miss my old 'pain free' hands but I am so grateful for what I am able to do!  Typing just isn't one of them - I find it hard to think and be creative when every keystroke is an effort.

Please do keep praying - I'll be back when I can.  We are finished with basketball now but plunged straight into the craziness of baseball season with twice a week practices to get ready for Opening Day.  We are so blessed to have a well organized coach who is teaching Storyteller's team in an encouraging and positive way, and we are blessed to have a regular practice field  rather than having practice moved every night  as is the lot of most of the teams.  We are just quietly humming along with school and family life, keeping busy but not too busy.  Those projects we started in January still sit idle and that's frustrating, but just our reality right now.  We'll get back to them ... eventually! 



 I'll finish this with a picture from yesterday's hail storm - these are the 'melt-able marbles' that peppered our home yesterday afternoon.  It was quite strange, very loud and did a lot of damage to our garden.  I'm glad our rhubarb is so very hardy since it looks like Swiss cheese  right now.  I had my mouth watering for a strawberry rhubarb crisp, but that might take a while now! Most everything that was coming up was flattened, but hopefully it will recover or we will miss the loveliness of our spring blooms. Thank you again for your warm words of comfort and concern!  I'll write again soon, I hope!


post signature

3 comments:

  1. Heather, I am so sorry about your hands!!! For a creative person, that is very hard to deal with. I will be praying for relief for you and some answers. I hope you are able to keep the pain under control in the mean time. It does not sounds fun!

    Wow, look at that hail! What a shame about the damage -- good thing things were not farther along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been praying! I keep looking outside at some raking which must be done soon but the Cipro I'm on for an infection just knocks me out. Only a few more days... will be interesting to see what your doctor says about this pain and swelling.

    The hail came through our state, too, but missed our house. I have a friend who lives in New Mexico who dreads hail the way we think of tornadoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!