Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Holdout

I guess I am the last 'man' down in our little family.

First, the Storyteller - than Dreamer and the Historian, and now the Mama.

My oh my! I have watched my family go round after round with headache, cough, sore throat and exhaustion for about two weeks - now it is my turn. As they continue to hack and improve, I get to begin round one! I do hope I fare better since I have much to do and little energy as it is without adding a cold to the mix!

For today - a shortened school day, lots of hot tea, my heating pads, a warm blanket and some fun knitting - in between naps! God is so good to provide us with such joy and comfort in the little things! Just when I really rather be having a pity party, I am reminded that there are so many in truly terrible situations - this is merely a bump in the road!


post signature

4 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon. I pray that you don't have a very severe case of "whatever" is going around.

    There for awhile it seemed everyone I knew was sick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better soon. It seems to be going around the blogs. I start this afternoon at 238pm.... Keeping my fingers crossed it not the "Whatever".

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope you feel better quickly! What a time of year for "mama" to be sick!!! i'll be thinking of you and praying for strength

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I do SO hope you feel better!! I'll pray for you...you pray for me. I'm feeling it today. Sneezed my head off yesterday & last night, now it's just lodged in my head. Blaaaagh!

    Did you notice that I started a Blogger blog?!?! Marmee's Pantry. I hope you stop in as you can - some will be a little bit of a review, as I transfer some of my old entries, but I'm adding new things, too.

    Blessings, Kim W

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!