Monday, July 20, 2009

Summer Daybook - July 20

I really enjoy participating in Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook when I am able to.
Peggy is taking a hiatus from the Daybook for the summer until September, but I think I'll just keep on when I can since it is such a blessing to me! It's just a great way to start the week!


For Today Monday, July 20, 2009

Outside My Window...
This morning was cool and sunny - perfect for the outdoor adventure the children started this week through our local Parks Department. They are learning about building shelters and starting fires - outdoor survival skills - a very good thing!
This afternoon it poured rain for about 30 minutes, but now it is sunny and bright.
Just as I finished this post, we had a glorious sun shower - the kind of soft warm rain that makes you want to put on your swimsuit, grab a bar of soap and 'shower' outdoors!

I am thinking.
..
that I'm not thinking very well ... I am still terribly exhausted,
and I just don't 'bounce back' very quickly!

From the learning rooms...
we see a real need to teach our children to choose who they follow with wisdom. We are always working on godly character and good manners and we are encouraged to see some some maturity in those areas, but there is more work to be done. Always!

I am thankful for ...
my husband who is an encouragement when I am down.

I am praying for ...
health, wisdom, encouragement and forgiveness.

From the kitchen...
When the going gets tough, the tough get baking! A certain birthday boy requested chocolate chip cookies and a zucchini was begging to be made into bread. The children had warm cookies after their 'outdoor survival' class this morning and we enjoyed zucchini bread for afternoon snack - and there is lots left for breakfast tomorrow.

I am wearing...

Old clothes for cleaning and napping! I still have not painted our front door and was hoping to get to it today, but I don't have the energy to start a project, no matter how small it may be.

I am creating...
thank you notes with the children - it's been a while since we rubber stamped, so I think we'll dig those out again to make our notes special. I finished another linen shirt embroidery and just have to make it into a pillow. I also didn't get the baseball pillowcase and shirt I was trying to make for Storyteller's birthday finished, so I need to get back to that - after I un-bury my sewing table!

I am going...
to go to bed early - maybe after a bubble bath first!

I am reading...
catching up on last week's e-mail and a few blogs

I am hoping...

That they might set their hope in God, and not forget the works of God,

but keep His commandments:

Psalm 78:7

King James Version


I am hearing...
thunder way off in the distance, birds, cars going by on wet pavement, the grandfather clock and the occasional 'thump' of the bat hitting the ball - our boy is outside playing his favorite sport!
I think I'd better call him back in! What a funny day weather-wise!

Around the house...
Sleeping bags are washed and dry and need to be rolled and put away. The Historian started to replace the Storyteller's light fixture with a fan, but needs some different screws. It required a trip into the attic so some of my craft closet contents are all out - perhaps it would be a good time to sort them. The kitchen counter is still pretty tidy, but the kitchen floor needs another wash since it is still sticky, and I can't find my desk - again.

One of my favorite things...
the wonderful freshness after a rainstorm

Fitness goals ...
I only walked three mornings last week - I just didn't have the strength and I kept wanting to sleep in! I also ate way too much dessert - not a good combination to say the least! I've got to get back on track, but it is seriously hard when I am so discouraged. I didn't go near the scales this morning since I am already melancholy - no need to add to it.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
  • Parks program each morning this week for the children
  • rest and quietness for me
  • sewing a bit - something completed to cheer my heart
Here is a picture thought I'm sharing:


For six months we have been searching for a basketball goal for our children on Craig's List - last week I finally found one in good shape and reasonable - and we got it. I was terribly lost finding the place, and it was a big job to clean up and put together, but it is a blessing to have something for the children to do outside.
Thank you for reading my daybook!

post signature


3 comments:

  1. Heather- I had not heard of the Womans Daybook before- looks like a neat way to journal which I do.... here... and there...between long stretches!

    I do hope you start feeling better soon. I can so empathize(sp) with you. I am struggling so with gaining my energy back after this snakebite incident and then the fibromylgia seems to help in the hendering process. We go to NM to close and pack up the rest of our belongings after it being on the market 2 years! Thankful for the sale but I am praying I will have the energy to get it done!

    God seems to keep whispering to me that it is not how productive I am that makes Him love me- He delights in us all the time- but boy it is hard when you are a Martha!

    blessings
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 20, 2009

    Heather- It is great to see the photo's of the children!! The kids are continuing to share stories from last week!
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 21, 2009

    I enjoyed reading your Daybook.....as always! Debbi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!