Thursday, March 27, 2008

Observant children?


An overheard conversation this morning really opened my eyes - maybe it will make you smile too - especially if you know my real life self well!


Dreamer: 'We have to be really helpful today.'

Storyteller: ' Why?'

Dreamer: 'Didn't you hear Daddy - Mommy is sick!'

Storyteller: 'Is it her liver again?'

Dreamer: 'No, she has a sore throat.'

Storyteller: 'Sister, Momma just keeps going when she has a sore throat!'

Dreamer: ' Not this kind of sore throat. It's really bad.'

Storyteller: 'How do you know?'

Dreamer: ' She's wearing her track pants, and Daddy says we'll have a short school day.'

Storyteller: 'Oh, yeah - it MUST be really bad. Poor Momma! I'll be really helpful today, Sister - won't you?'

Dreamer: 'Of course!'

Chicken noodle soup is simmering on the stove and I'm just going to make a nice soothing cup of tea with lemon. It's just a cold, but my throat is raw, and my voice is gone! Thanks for sharing sweet Dreamer - I'm glad you're feeling better!


post signature

3 comments:

  1. That is just great! I love what children observe!

    I do hope you are feeling better soon! Sore throats can be nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try not to eavesdrop, but sometimes it is just to funny! I guess they know how much I hate track pants - unless we are on bicycles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. .I pray your feeling better today! Yep, track pants are a dead give away that mom is sick!
    Healing prayers your way!
    Lea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!