Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Blessings!



After the Sabbath, as the first light of the new week dawned, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to keep vigil at the tomb. Suddenly the earth reeled and rocked under their feet as God's angel came down from heaven, came right up to where they were standing. He rolled back the stone and then sat on it. Shafts of lightning blazed from him. His garments shimmered snow-white. The guards at the tomb were scared to death. They were so frightened, they couldn't move.

The angel spoke to the women: "There is nothing to fear here. I know you're looking for Jesus, the One they nailed to the cross. He is not here. He was raised, just as he said. Come and look at the place where he was placed.

'Now, get on your way quickly and tell his disciples, 'He is risen from the dead. He is going on ahead of you to Galilee. You will see him there.' That's the message."


Matthew 28:1-7

The Message


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Phil Driscoll has a song along the lines of those verses that just thrills me every time I hear it.

    "He's alive again, oh the stone's be rolled away, He's alive again we heard the angel say ..."

    All I know is that nothing so breaks my heart and heals it the way the mercy of God does. And Cavalry is the biggest most incredible gift of mercy and love.

    I have tears in my eyes as I write this and I hope I never stop crying (as embarrassing as it may be to me) when God touches my heart.

    He IS alive again. Praise Him in whom I live and breathe and have my being .... Hallelujah and amen.

    Nancy H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy - I hope you had a blessed Resurrection Sunday celebration with your sweet girl! Reveling in God's mercy is just the best place to be!

    Blessings!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!